About living and creating in Michigan's Upper Peninsula

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Family Knitting Projects

This is my very adorable, almost 3 year old great niece (daughter of my niece, Lisa).  Most of my family lives in California and the last time I saw Natalie she was only one. I get frequent pictures, but it's not the same... I know for sure that she's all about pink and purple so I put this together in size 3T. The buttons have a bit of color sparkles that really sets it off. Super soft and warm because SoCal has been pretty cold in the mornings.
And here's sweet Gavin, born in November. I haven't met him yet, :( maybe this summer. Lisa chose a Nautical theme for his nursery (after my dad who loved sailing). A sailboat blanket is under way, but in the meantime I found this great teddy bear pattern. It was so much fun to make! Teddy's scarf is the same yarn as Gavin's Come Sail Away blanket (about half completed).
And here's the teddy for my other great-nephew Grant. His nursery theme is camouflage greens and browns, so his scarf is customized to match.

Details about the patterns and yarns can be found in my Ravelry projects.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you find that teddy bear pattern, it looks like Berroco's Harry Bear, but he's much bigger than I have been able to make one. How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete