About living and creating in Michigan's Upper Peninsula

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Skin care with Aloe

Have you ever squeezed gel from an aloe leaf?  That stuff is gooey!  I had to sacrifice three fairly good sized leaves today for a new recipe I tried.  It's on page 114 of Organic Body Care Recipes by Stephanie Tourles,
It's called a cleansing cream but doubles as a face and body cream.  It has most of the same ingredients in the other recipe I use daily on my face, but instead of cocoa butter it has aloe vera gel and vitamin e oil.  Can't go wrong with those ingredients!  The best part was that I already had every ingredient, although my aloe plant might not be real happy tonight.  1/4 cup is a lot of aloe!  Used lavender, geranium and a bit of ylang ylang essential oils for added benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment