About living and creating in Michigan's Upper Peninsula

Thursday, October 20, 2011

56 Tons of Inner Tubes Recycled, and counting...

For those of you that know me,  you'll remember that I come from a long line of recyclers, although in my great grandparents day, it would have been called junk collecting.  My father's business was called General Reclaiming Co. - that's right, he had a glass recycling business in the 50's!  Took it over from his father who started the endeavor.  Grandpas parents were in the business too: some in paper, and yes, rubber!  So when I saw this company that makes gorgeous bags - handbags, wallets, briefcases, and the like out of recycled inner tubes, I had to promote it.  If I carried a bag, I'd have one of these.  Ironically, the woman that started the company in her home doesn't carry a purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment