About living and creating in Michigan's Upper Peninsula

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Local gift shop supports area artists

Garden Bouquet and Design is so much more than a typical flower store. First of all, they rehab'd an old outboard motor repair shop that was in pretty bad shape and made it into a wonderful space where they exhibit all sorts of local artwork. It's where I go for gifts, especially for my mother-in-law, who enjoys something special and unique.

Thanks to Garden Bouquet and Design for consigning my jewelry. Fresh items were just delivered today and the shop looks great!
My favorite part of visiting would have to be the birds. By the way, did I mention their incredible floral arrangements and plants? They also have classes educating the local community on plants, flowers, and the art of floral design.

No comments:

Post a Comment